Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Firefighter Saves Boy Choking On Chicken Nugget

A local firefighter was in the right place at the right time Tuesday afternoon.
Eric Stewart was enjoying lunch with his son at Rural Hall Elementary when a teacher ran over to the table to inform him that another student was choking.Stewart sprang into action and gave three abdomen thrusts to 9-year-old fourth-grader Darrell Cates.On the third thrust, the chicken nugget that had gotten lodged in Cates' throat came out."I popped the chicken nugget in my mouth. The next thing I know, I couldn't breathe," Cates said. "I was like, 'Lord, get someone over here. I don't want to choke to death."Stewart, who works for the Rural Hall Fire Department, said he doesn't consider himself a hero, just a firefighter doing what he's been trained to do."Thank goodness the Lord put me here that day for a reason," Stewart said.Stewart and Cates were reunited at the school on Wednesday."Thank you very much for saving my life," Cates told Stewart. "I didn't want to die."

YOU GO ERIC STEWART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 EXCELLENT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment